Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Loneliness Vs Solitude

"The path will show me the way to follow each day in my life." Abas, 2008.

When I lost my best friend Dr. Leo Yballe, I was totally confused and isolated myself away from others. I gradually recalled the good old times, we used to sit down together discussing about my dissertation at Dunkin Donut. He always encouraged me, he said, "You will accomplish your dissertation." Each day while I was gathering my data and putting it in writing, memories came like slide shows in my mind.

Even though I had accomplished and graduated with a doctorate from the University of Rochester, I still feel the 'missing pieces' of not able to show and share the fruits of my work to my late father and late Dr. Leo. In order to cope up with the feeling of loneliness, I get myself in the state of solitude. A state in which one is calm, restful, relaxed and feeling one with self and with others-is a better alternative than isolation when coping with loneliness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The good parts is, if we lost someone..GOD always is there and give us an 'heavenly albums' to keep all the memories with them