Friday, April 24, 2009
Helping patients beat their illness. This coming 4-30-2009 at 2.00 to 3.00 pm, I will be drumming with patients at the Monroe Community Hospital, Rochester, NY.
I am looking forward to share the Rhythmic Hand drumming to all those who will attend this session.
Often I heard elderly individuals informing me that they felt been "abandoned" by their families. Let us continue to remember our elderly parents, give them hope and love. A prayer to share from Brother Charles deFoucauld of Jesus.
The Prayer of Abandonment of Brother Charles deFoulcauld of Jesus
I abandon myself into Your hands;
do with me what You will.
Whatever You do I thank You.
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only Your will be done in me,
as in all Your creatures,
I ask no more than this, my Lord.
Into Your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to You, O Lord,
with all the love of my heart,
for I love You, my God, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into Your hands,
without reserve and with total confidence,
for You are my Father.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Soon I will be joining this PCFT group which is based in Rochester, New York. Brief information about PCFT: We provide individual, family and group therapies, including multi-family groups. Some of the therapists of PCFT also provide Spiritual Direction.
Understanding Our Services
At the core of all our services lies an active attention to all things spiritual in both our lives and the lives of our clients.
- Individual Therapy: addresses an individual's concerns/issues in private, personal sessions.
- Family Therapy: addresses both individual concerns/issues and shared family concerns/issues. Usually at least two family members participate in each session.
- Group Therapy: involves several unrelated individuals addressing various concerns/issues (many of which are held in common) with the facilitaion of a therapist.
- Multi-Family Group Therapy: involves several families addressing various concerns/issues (many of which are held in common) with the facilitaion of a therapist.
- Spiritual Guidance: involves spiritual conversation and guidance related to the direction of the client's spiritual path.
- Enneagram: is a process for exploring personal motivation in order to provide spiritual guidance. It has roots in the traditions of many of the religions of the world.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
An 89 year old man today was crying as I approached his table. I asked him, "are you not feeling well?" He responded, "it is very painful to look at the flowers." I saw this beautiful kind of potter plan with purple flowers on the table infront of him. I responded, "it must be very difficult for you to see that flowers." He said, "yes and he sobbed."
In my heart, I wish I could be a further help to him.
As I moved to walk to the other table, I saw this 90 year old woman. She told me, "this is my words of wisdom for you today." She said, "go slow and enjoy life." She reminded me of my daily life where I used to go fast and didn't have the time to reflect, to meditate, to pray and to discern.
What a lesson to learn from both incidents.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Ladies, don't misss our April 26 WOW EVENT at Guardian Angels Parish.
Beating of drums will start at 1. 30 pmSponsored by the Women of the Word Ministry.
Come and participate in this self-expression, stress-reduction experience of nurturing and spirituality. WE are never too young or too old to beat the drum...
Presentation by Fr. Peter Abas "Peaceful Rhythmic Hand Drumming"