Friday, May 15, 2009
Behavior Management Training for Dementia Care DVD (Made in WNY)
I highly recommed this professional presented DVD.
I have purchased one and applying the techniques taught in this DVD.
A very good investment.
Rev. Peter Abas, L.S.L., M.R.E., Ed.D
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Reminiscence: An important Task for Older Adults
Reminiscing serves several functions for older person including:
1. Promoting self-understanding
2. Preserving personal and collective history
3. Transcending the material world and physical limitations
4. Allowing for identification of universal themes of humanity
5. Reinforcing coping mechanisms
Reminiscence helps individuals to sum up their life and to put various pieces in order.
Reminiscence Group: Creates engaging and positive experiences for elders.
Facilitator: Rev. Peter Abas, Ed.D.
A 92 year old woman said, "I love to read the psalms , they give me inspiration and encouragement in my life. I have more time now in prayer and also to listen to God." "She further told me, "I love the eucharist and the time after communion was very good to thank God." She concluded, "spirituality is very important to me."
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
SACRED STORIES-Healing Journeys: Are you willing to share your sacred stories
If so, this might be the session you are searching for...
- Enhances senses of community among elders.
- Creates engaging and positive experiences for elders.
- Communicate your deep-seated commitment to the spiritual well-being as an elderly individual.
Creating a story about your life demands that your place the story with he context of your life.
An opportunity to express emotions in a safe and supportive environment.