Thursday, October 30, 2008

..I am really tired...the journey is just too long."


Often I encountered and listened to"caregivers" adults who are taking care of their aging parents. Words and sentences came out from them such as:

"I am really tired."

"How long is this going to be?"

"Where are my other siblings?"

"I love mum very much, the nursing home is not her place."

"I pray to God to help me to handle this problem."

"I see the journey is just too long."

"I need professional help now."


Yes as a caregiver, she/he needs to reflect that "I simply cannot do everything, be everything, or achieve everything, no matter how much I want to." It is far healthier to accept limitations than to pretend that they don't exist and became flooded with frustration.


One cannot put a quart in a pint cup (Charlotte Perkins Gilman)

No comments: