Monday, October 27, 2008

...you need to eat healthy food, good rest and peaceful mind."


Today, I was eating my lunch with five wonderful elderly women. Three of them celebrated their 90 birthday last month. One will celebrate her 90 birthday next June, 2009. The youngest among them is 84 year old woman.

It was very rewarding to listen to their wonderful "sacred stories" of their lives. While I was listening to each one of them sharing a particular story, I saw the joy in them as they expressed their experiences in words. One of them told me, "you need to eat healthy food, good rest and peaceful mind" in order to function well. Her words of wisdom to me this morning. I am glad to have the opportunity to be with them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How good if I can be like them. Eat a healthy food? impossible now..how care we eat the risk is still there. Peaceful mind? huhuuuuu