Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Prayer for the Elderly

A Prayer for the Elderly

My God and my Father,from my experience of life,
I know you are a loving Fatherwho cares for your children,
your sons and daughters,in a loving way.
I have turned to youin good times and in bad,and you have always been thereto enfold me in your loving embrace.
I now turn to you, my loving Fatheras I grow old.
You are the fountain of all wisdom,and therefore,
you know my needsbefore I ask and you understand myignorance in even asking.
I find that I am besetwith the weaknesses of age.
And so I turn again to you and ask that in your loving care
you have compassion on my weaknesses,
and grant me those things,which in my unworthiness and blindness,
I dare not and cannot ask for.
My God, and most especially my Father,
I ask this of you through the worthiness of your Son and my Brother and Lord now and forever.Amen.

No comments: