Wednesday, October 22, 2008

...different facial expressions




"You have to take care of yourself. If you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of another Person." -Dorothy Calvani.

Most of these elderly individuals are between 80s to 90s in ages. However, each day they try to assist one another. It is really a blessing to witness how this commnuity take care of the elderly individuals.

Each day, I saw different situations happening, different facial expressions, and various mood-swings among the elderly individuals.

I saw sadness in facial expressions, I heard frustrated voices, and I observed the craving for attention. This the beauty of life, I can only say "Praise God for the beauty of these elderly Individuals."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whenever I looked at the elderly people and see through their eyes, I can see what lives means to them. Talking to them like we are talking to ourself too. Appreciation to them is not enough..they need support..

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are reading this blog. I hope, it will give you new insight of how to be a caregiver to the elderly individuals.