Reminiscence: An important Task for Older Adults
Reminiscing serves several functions for older person including:
1. Promoting self-understanding
2. Preserving personal and collective history
3. Transcending the material world and physical limitations
4. Allowing for identification of universal themes of humanity
5. Reinforcing coping mechanisms
Reminiscence helps individuals to sum up their life and to put various pieces in order.
Reminiscence Group: Creates engaging and positive experiences for elders.
Facilitator: Rev. Peter Abas, Ed.D.